Ongoing Research Projects:
- Research on Low Power Wide Area Industry IoT Communication Technology for State Monitoring in Power Distribution Network.
- Efficient and effective cognitive radio technique for LPWAN.
- Reliable and robust MAC layer protocol design of LPWAN for industry IoT.
- Energy-efficient Network design based on optimal resource allocation.
- Research and Development of Smart Sensors for Online Monitoring of Multi-physical Parameters in Ultra-High Voltage Direct Current (UHVDC) Converters.
- Applicable LPWAN techniques for UHVDC Converters with complex wireless communication channel under harsh environment.
- Ultra-low power sensor system design for UHVDC Converters.
- Advanced Packaging solutions for smart sensors under harsh EMC conditions.
- Energy harvesting technologies and solutions.
- Advanced packaging technologies, for example, System in Package (SiP).
- New LPWAN design, optimisation and solutions.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) aided LPWAN.